This week, 5 more great songs in music History:
- This song is about this kid from a bad neighborhood who gets to go away to a private school. He comes back to the old neighborhood when he's on a break from school and the kids from the neighborhood start giving him trouble.
- This song is about a guy who is really lonely now that his girl has left him. He hopes she will return once she sees what it's like without him.
- This song is about the fact that that we're mortal and we should enjoy life during our limited time on earth.
- This song inspires young people to overcome their fears and insecurities Firework
- This song is an attempt to create an anthem of change for the time, influenced by Irish and Scottish ballads.
- Martin Scorsese directed the video, and Wesley Snipes played the rival gang leader in this short-film video.
- In January 1984, a young Steve Jobs would recite the second verse of this song during his opening of the 1984 Annual Apple Shareholders Meeting, where he famously unveiled the Macintosh computer for the first time.
- Phil Collins, was inspired by this song rhythm and sound to produce "Sussudio," released three years later.
- This video was shot in Budapest.
- This song became an anthem for frustrated youth, who would later be known as hippies. Many of the lyrics are based on the Civil Rights movement in the US.
- This song is a crucial link between old-time R&B and the rise of Rock-N-Roll.
- Where do these verses appear?: “¿Qué vas a hacer cuando el pozo se seque? ¿Vas a correr a esconderte?
- Where do these verses appear?: “No tienes que sentirte como la basura espacial. Tú eres única, no puedes ser reemplazada.”
- Where do these verses appear?: “Vamos, madres y padres de toda la tierra, y no critiquéis lo que no podéis entender. Vuestros hijos e hijas están más allá de vuestro dominio.Vuestro viejo camino está envejeciendo rápidamente.”
- Where do these verses appear?: “Todo el mundo tiene una bomba. Podríamos morir cualquier día, pero antes de que deje que eso ocurra voy a pasarme la vida bailando”.
- Where do these verses appear?: “Te estoy diciendo que tengas cuidado con lo que dices. Conozco tu juego. Sé de qué vas”